The Central Library enrolls the following
types of members: The Detailed information and Smart Card Application forms are
available at Membership Counter which need to be verified by the Deputy Registrar (Admin) for staff/faculty and Deputy Registrar (Academic) for students.
||Faculty, Staff and students of IIT
||Industrial Organisations who are members of Industrial
Associate ship Scheme of IC&SR
|| Government R&D Centres
||Retired Faculty and Alumnus of IIT Madras
||Visiting Faculty etc. are enrolled with the approval
of the competent authorities of the Institute
Membership Form Can be Collected From Circulation Desk
Duration of Loan Period
Days 6 Months
0.50 per day
pm to 01.00pm(of next day Mon-Fri) 5.00pm to 01.00pm of next day
Sat. & Sun)
Cassettes Individual Members/ Deptts
- 5 Days
2/ per day
5/ per day
- All books and journals must be returned on before the due date.
- Books will be reserved if there are no reservations.
- Books are required to be presented physically at the Counter for
- Members are requested to collect the receipts for the over due
- Members must replace the book if lost with latest edition along
with overdue charges.
- The reserved book must be collected within 7 days of the receipt
of intimation, failing which the reservation is deemed to be
- Members are required to deposit their bags/belongings at the entrance.
- Members are required to bring their Smart Card ID to enter/exit the Library and also to produce the same to the Security and Staff as and when asked for.
- Library books and belongings except for return are not permitted
to be brought inside the Library, however, laptop/ personal books after getting proper receipt from the Security Desk may be permitted for referring in Students Discussion Hall located at LEVEL-V Right Wing
The above mentioned rules are
subject to periodical reviews and revisions